Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remembering Capt. Trevor J. Yurista

Captain Trevor J. Yurista entered the Marine Corps in 2005 and deployed to Iraq in 2006 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. A year later, he VOLUNTEERED to go back to Iraq and serve as a senior Intelligent advisor. In 2008 after training other Marines how to fight in Iraq and in the war against Terrorism, he VOLUNTEERED again to fight in support of Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.

On Oct 27, 2008 following several hours of intense combat with enemy forces, Captain Yurista was killed when his vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device (IED). Captain Yurista was awarded numerous medals during his short time in the Marine Corp including the Purple Heart, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal and many others.

Sometimes, as we cope with our everyday lives, we forget that there are many of our brothers and sisters out there, risking their lives every single day to protect our freedom, to protect our way of life. Please pray for Captain Trevor J. Yurista and his family and for all the other service men and women who are in harms way, fighting for us. God Bless you Captain.

Below is a short slideshow of the Memorial for Captain Yurista.



Also, check out the slideshow my friend Tony made on his website. 


4 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, thank you. Are you related to Captain Yurista? It was an honor to be asked to help capture the moments in this memorial. It was very memorable for me, an experience and a person (Captain Yurista) I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still miss and cry for Trevor. I haven't cried for him or others in a year. Thank you for helping me not to forget. He was a good man and a solid friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I sit here, all I can think of is that day. Trevor was one of us, he may have been with 5th Marines but he was with 2/7. I held back tears so I could be strong for the rest of us; I helped carry him from the vehicle and placed him on the bird for his final flight home. Rest in peace brother!

    ReplyDelete

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.