Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Love Lake Tahoe

The first time I set eyes on Lake Tahoe, I was but a little boy traveling with my family cross country from Ohio. I have a vague memory asking my father if Tahoe was actually an Ocean, because it was so vast, so large with grandeur, a majesty I had never seen at that point. What an impression it made on me, and still does today.

Last weekend, our good friends from San Diego, Leni and Cheryl took the time out of their busy signals to pay us a quick weekend visit. Our first stop was the Capitol Building in Sacramento, hoping to catch a glimpse of THE Governor.




We then preceded to Lake Tahoe, this was Cheryl's first visit, and this her first picture of this incredible view from Emerald Bay Park.



I begged Fe Lyn to pose for me, and she agreed.



This bridge is just up highway 89, heading North on the west side of the lake.



The girls posed by a waterfall nearby.



We ended the day next to this tile wall by the beach, built of pictures created by children.



Such fun, next up, San Francisco, my favorite city!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.