Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Photo a Day

Sometimes you get side tracked, distracted, confused, or perhaps you sometimes just forget. This blog is suppose to be about what is going on with me, my photography and my family. While some of my recent postings had some of those topics involved, it hasn't been consistent. So I thought and reflected and think it's time to challenge myself a little.

So the challenge to myself from today until the end of the year, is to put up a Photo a day on this blog. No guarantees! But I will try my best. I have lots of Photos I have taken in the past few weeks/months, but have not blogged any of them unfortunately. So I start today, until the end of the year, a photo a day.

What are these group of people doing in this picture below?



Well of course, watching the Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto fight on HBO over our cousins house. If you didn't get a chance to watch it, you should find a way to! It was an amazing fight, I thought Cotto could be the one who would finally challenge Pacquiao, but in the end he went down just like the others. Here's the last few minutes of the fight.



So my kids are into Club Penguin. It's an online, real time place where your children can safely interact with each other through Penguins. There are parental controls which you help you choose your comfortable level for your child, through how they interact or what they can do on the website. It's a lot of fun for the children, and they get to interact with their friends from San Diego where it is too far to see them in person.

Well, our children had this idea that we should do with Club Penguin like we did with Flat Stanley. Everywhere we go, we can take a picture of the Penguin to show where all the places they have been. If you go on the Club Penguin site, there are alot of people who took pictures of their Penguins from all over the world, from the Eiffel Tower, to Big Ben, to the White House, and other historic locations. So we decided to do that today, but on a much smaller scale, a tennis court, aren't they cute? :)



So Andrew has this school project. To do a paper on something that can contribute to our city/society/well being. The topic he chose was recycling. He decided to save all of the plastic bottles we use and turn them into a recycling plant. We will then use the money we get from it and donate it to the Red Cross to help others in need. He will write about his experience and why he chose this endeavor. Today we turned in approximately 4 garbage bags full of water bottles.




Well, that's it for now, a Photo a Day. That is my promise to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.