Saturday, June 20, 2009

My favorite Northern California Destinations

Now that we've settled into the Sacramento lifestyle.. and we do plan on staying for a while.. I wanted to make a list of my favorite locations within a few hours driving distance from here. Without further adieu here are my top 6 Photo destinations (subject to change :) from Sacramento:


6. Napa Valley - Beautiful wine country in California. Enough said.

Napa Valley Wine Train from Nate on Vimeo.



5. Monterey/Carmel - Just south of the San Francisco Bay Area lies the Monterey Peninsula, one of our favorite areas to visit, where you can take the 17 mile drive by Pebble Beach golf course, or walk by the white sand of Carmel Beach. Definitely a place we can spend good quality time with the children, without the internet!!

Seashore by 17 Mile Drive from Manuel Alducin on Vimeo.



4. Redwood Forest - The Redwood forest holds some of the oldest and tallest trees in the world, featured on Planet Earth this destination is about 6 hours away from Sacramento. I believe I was here once when I was a young lad, but would love to return to take some photographs.

Avenue Of The Giants from Jason Baldwin on Vimeo.



3. Lake Tahoe - Although Fe Lyn and I have visited here recently, we haven't had the chance to take the entire family here, and would like to come out here during winter time as well. I'm still amazed at how large the lake is here.

LAKE TAHOE HD from JOSE VELASCO on Vimeo.



2. Yosemite National Park - It's been more than a decade since I've visited this beautiful national park, with half dome, glacier point, numerous waterfalls and Sequioa's, I would really love to get a chance to visit this place again with my family.

High Sierra HD - Backpacking the John Muir Trail from Pete Bell on Vimeo.



1. San Francisco CA - My favorite city in the US, while NY is also a great city to visit, I just love the culture, the history and photographic opportunities are endless.

San Francisco from Steven Dempsey on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.